Monday, August 3, 2015

Humility

Humility

Andrew Murray’s book, “Humility” shows us how to view ourselves:

“True humility comes when, in the light of God, we have seen ourselves to be nothing, have consented to part with and cast away self to let God be all. The soul that has done this and can say, ‘So have I lost myself in finding you’, no longer compares itself with others. It has given up forever every thought of self in God’s presence; it meets its fellow men as one who is nothing and seeks nothing for itself, who is a servant of God, and for his sake a servant of all.”

Is it possible to give up my sense of self? Yes, if the soul… “has given up forever every thought of self in God’s presence…”

 I have spent decades trying to discover who I am but now I am changing my stance on this.  I am taking the next step, which is to give up my sense of self and “let God be all” by purposing myself to be aware of His moment-to-moment presence in my life.


 In losing ourselves, we find God and our true role as servant of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment