Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Missed Opportunity

This posting was written by Mighty Warrior, Lisa Anderson. 
Lisa attended class this session and is beloved of God. She is complete in Christ, and has all the power over all assaults of the enemy!  Not only that, she is a fine writer, and the apple of His eye, wouldn't you agree?  Thank you, Lisa.

Missed Opportunity

I failed.  I failed to speak and proclaim the goodness of God in my life.  

We had a baby play date with some friends that do not go to church today.  While we were eating one of the mommies was talking about how she had starting introducing dairy back into her diet again.  She had stopped eating it as she was breastfeeding and it was causing issues for her little boy.

I was busy eating orzo with some crumbled cheese in it when I started to think about how the Lord has healed me from lactose intolerance.  For years I would get stomach issues after eating a piece of pizza, ice cream, cereal – you name it. I had learned to adjust to it.  Lactaid pills were always with me, and if they weren’t I avoided eating dairy.  

Then last year my husband said we need to pray about this.  Guess what, the Lord answered our prayer.  Now I can eat pizza with no fear of stomach aches.  I drink glasses of milk just because it sounds good and I will eat a slice of cheese with no problems. 

Praise Him. 

But why couldn’t I tell my friends what He has done?  By the time I realized what the Lord has really done in answering our prayers there was a quiet lull in the conversation and it was on to a new subject.

I spent the next few minutes thinking about the following verse:

Matthew 10:32
“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven”

I failed Lord.  I pray for your forgiveness and the words and boldness to proclaim your goodness any chance I get.  

Psalm 71:8
“Let my mouth be filled with Your praise, And with Your glory all the day”


I wait expectantly for the next opportunity to shout His praises.  His mercy is never ending over me and I hold on to the promise in Philippians 1:6.  “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”






No comments:

Post a Comment