Thursday, August 20, 2015

Praying It Through

Praying It Through

Lord.

I can’t quite come to grips with Your overwhelming magnitude and how very small I am in comparison to You.

Because of the size and power discrepancy between us, You can’t possibly be interested in my trivial wants and needs. You have so many other people, places, and events that consume Your time.

Who am I that You should consider my life?

I feel so insignificant when I see Your work on such a grand scale.

“…what is man that You are mindful of him?”

And then I remember the lost lamb and the dying sparrow.

I recall the wine at the wedding.

You know the number of hairs on my head and where the lost coin was to be found.

Consider the lilies.

You are the God of details- the universe’s undulations and my own.

God, You are ever present. You are in everything.

Forgive me for making you so very small.


“Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your father’s will…Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment