Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Control Buttons

I wish there were a “pause” or a “mute” button embedded in my arm.

Mrs. Blab caught me at the grocery store. She started telling me about her no good son. I imagined myself sliding back my sweater sleeve and pushing the mute button.

When I got home, the grocery bag ripped and a can fell on my foot causing some choice words to escape my mouth. I wish I could have again pushed my sleeve back and hit pause before it hit my foot so I could plan out a better, more appropriate response.

Buttons like this would be handy because I don’t wait well. I didn’t want to have to wait while listening to Mrs. Blab’s frustrations, or have to wait before reacting to my foot pain.

Catherine Marshall said, “Waiting works. It is a joining of a man and God to achieve an end.”

I like that.

I actually DO have a button for these situations. It’s a “wait button” that is connected to God, which is wired to patience, and embedded in my heart.

Lamentations 3:25- The LORD is good to those who wait for Him.

Now if I could only learn to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment