Friday, September 18, 2015

Watchmen of the Lord

The Watchmen of the Lord

I often can’t sleep at night.

Insomnia used to be a frustration for me until a RLC friend lent me a book about being a watchman of the Lord.

Ezekiel 3:17

 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.”

God appoints watchmen (and women) who will stay awake and who will keep their eyes fixed on the horizon scanning it for dangers approaching the camp.

I invite all of you who have those nights of sleeplessness to turn the annoyance of it around and to start praying with me. Let’s be watchful. Let’s pray for our church and our pastors. Let’s pray for our enemies, for our children, and for ourselves. Let’s pray, using this quiet time while the world slumbers, to draw near to God. Even in the wee hours, God is there waiting for us. When we see evil approaching, let’s sound the alarm! Let’s look at our sleepless nights as a time to take our turn interceding on behalf of the body of Christ!


Will you watch with me and pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment