Tuesday, July 4, 2017

TIMELESS WORDS

As we launch the beginning of You Are A Mighty Warrior Counseling Services, (https://www.youareamightywarrior.com) I would like to quote something from the workbook, "Thin Within- Rebuilding God's Temple"- page B-5:

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity."- Jer. 29:12-14a

"Consider the number of times the word 'will' is used in this brief passage. Look at the things that God desires us to do as well as the things He says He will do. It is God who is at work in us to will and to do according to His good pleasure (Phil 2:13)....No one seeks after God at all according to Romans 3:11. Not even one. We must be 'dragged' by the Father in order even to begin to be willing to do our part. Because He initiates, He puts it in our heart to do His good pleasure. We love because He first loved us. Our seeking comes in response to a God who pursues."

What is your response to this? What do you think this means? How is He pursuing you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment