Friday, July 24, 2015

Changing it Up

Changing It Up

Our neighbor’s dog had a booming bark. It penetrated walls and barriers. The barking defied earplugs and white noise generators. No pillow placed over my head stopped the sound.

I had spoken to the neighbors three times.  Three times they said they would take care of it but they didn't and I was sure that they wouldn't do anything about it.

I decided that every time I heard the dog bark, I would consider it a call to prayer. Like the minaret calling Muslims to prayer, Rocky the Pit Bull alerted me to praise the name of Jesus.

This was a prime example of the spiritual principle from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18- Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

I had a choice. I could allow Rocky to undermine my joy or I could use him as a tool for growth and change.

It worked. I used this call to worship for about four days and kept my joy plus…. the dog is now permanently silent (as in- lives somewhere else)!!!!!


Is there something in your life you can view as a call to prayer? Rather than reacting to it with your same old sense of frustration- try praising God. Will you? Let me know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment