Wednesday, August 12, 2015

More Grace

More Grace

Someone I know is down and out.

I heard she was going to be sleeping outside last night over in the courtyard of a local church.

My heart said, “Where is your sense of compassion?”

My soul asked, “Is this the time to extend grace to her?”

I prayed about both of those things.

The answer to the first question was: You’ve hardened yourself to her suffering and have lost the ability to identify with lack.

Ouch!

The answer to the grace question was: Yes. This is the time for grace. She doesn’t have to earn anyone’s favor.

Then the temperature began to drop and the night became dark and damp.

Roll tape: “…whatever you did for one of the least of these…you did for me.” (Matt 25:40)

Over and over it played.

Upon taking her in, a peace descended upon this house assuring me that this was the right decision.

Why was this so hard for me to do? Because I had forgotten how amazing grace is and how lost I once was; blind even…but now I see.

More grace.


That is my prayer for myself today: extend more grace… to everyone… to myself… to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment